Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DDOS attacks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,294 Times in 3,603 Posts

DDOS attacks

im begining to think that all these recent attacks targeting sat sites are not from just script kiddies,but from someone or some group far more sinister.after all why target sat sites?
    or is my hate of uncle ruppie making me paranoid?
    what do you guys think?ian.

Thanks
    More than likely I think ian, script kiddies are not going to launch such an attack, be a waste of a botnet that can be used for other more interesting and lucrative tasks...

Maybe it's a precursor to something pretty big that uncle R has got wind of, it's not as if somthing big has happened in the past few weeks. Are the CS sites being similarly targetted, of is it only the sites like this one and darkman's?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,498 Posts
    Not just us m8

Satellite forums targeted by DDoS attacks

by Brian Turner

A number of forums for satellite enthusiasts have emerged as the unlikely targets for Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks over the past few weeks.

A DDoS attack attempts to flood the server hosting the site with junk requests, forcing the server to become overwhelmed and freeze up.

The source of the attack is usually a botnet of compromised computers known as ****** PC’s.

T-vt-e-ch itself was targeted repeatedly, experiencing spikes of over 2GB per second, before a solution was put in place.

Other major satellite forums have also apparently been targeted with denial of service floods over recent weeks.

Satellites.co.uk, *****.co.uk, and satpimps.co.uk are other major satellite forums that were reported to have been attacked over March, as well as smaller boards such as sat-haven, and ********.com.

When Tv-tech was first attacked by repeated DDoS floods in February, messages posted to the forums from anonymous proxies suggested that extortion was the primary motivation.

However, there have been no such demands with the more recent wave of attacks over March.

This and the fact that it appears to be satellite forums specifically targeted has led some to suggest that one or more companies within the satellite industry itself may be responsible, even though DDoS attacks are considered a criminal offence in the UK.

In the meantime, all of the larger forums including T-vt-e-ch have taken different steps to minimise disruption caused by the DDoS attacks, and so far each appears to be staying online.

It remains to be seen if any identifying information on the attackers can be traced through continued monitoring of the situation.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts

Icon13 New Server

Quote Originally Posted by kinkdink View Post
    We'll be moving to a new server soon with hardware firewall.
    Lets hope that helps boss - its becoming nigh impossible to even get into sections or reply at this moment - even logging in is a real challenge!
    These creeps really ARE a bunch of useless time wasting ar*eholes eh?

Thanks
    now i have finally managed to log in after 3 days and have read this i know im not going mad

Thanks
    They can try what they like we will never surrender or pay their ludicrous subscription rates! Do one Rupie YOU WILL NOT HAVE MY MONEY!

Thanks
    Thanks Folks !:-)

The past few days I cannot log in from My Book Marks !
    I had to reset Firefox Passwords and even still when I try my bookmarks It says Check spellings etc etc.. (many other sites dont seem to have this problem) those of which I cannot list.....

The only way I can log on these days is to G**gle Satpimps and click on D***lo Tab, then log in from there.....

For a while I thought I was going Crazy !

I will try and restore a DVD backup from 3 weeks ago over the weekend to see if that helps !

Thanks in advance Folk's for the Info !

Kind regards: Plessy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts

Icon14 Back

Thank goodness you are back - havent been able to log in for FOUR days!

Thanks
    GOOD TO BE BACK

I WAS TERRIBLE SHOCKED

aS holmroad says days without satpimps was very very hard even if I have the easter with rabbit and mutton and a lot of drinks(i'm still tipsy now)

today is an another ceremony ..wetting the girls ...

it-s about to go at female friends and acquintance say a little funny poem and wet them with a parfume . Usually the boys /men got red eggs, money or even pu$$y

BTW. I'm veru happy that SATPIMPS is back

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by markinstien View Post
    They can try what they like we will never surrender or pay their ludicrous subscription rates! Do one Rupie YOU WILL NOT HAVE MY MONEY!
    Bravo...well said...I would'nt be suprised if that greedy money grabbing piece of sh*t was'nt getting the hump...with abit of luck he will dissapear up his own harris

Thanks
    good to be back thanks boss

Thanks

ddos attack

what is this ddoss attack and why are people doing it to forums, your forum is not the only forum these guys are after, check out ed2k forums there always having trouble with some one trying to hack em,jim

Thanks
    Sonic1's post #3, says it all really. The thought is that satellite providers are instigating DDoS attacks to bring down satellite forums.

Thanks

Ddos

I was talking to this admin on a ed2k forum and hes told me hes had over 1000 attacks to his forum and stopped all, something about kiddie scripts, but there's forums all over the place having trouble and it must be a real head ache how to stop these from doing it again, anyways onto a lighter note, i waiting for me new HD techomate 6900 to come which cost me £300 plus if it was not for this forum i would of wasted £160 buying a new tube for me tv/lcd and the guys on here helped me so i must say thanks guys and hope satpipms stays up and going..jim

Thanks

attack

dont know if i should be doing this but i've found a link to a place where it tells you all about the DDOSS Attack, if i broken the rules it was not intended,

_http://www.dos-attacks.com/

Thanks
    The how to do's are easy to find.
    The whodunit is less easy.

As Kink wrote, new server with firewall is the solution.

Doing these attacks is HIGHLY illegal, with stiff penalty's.
    "if" they come from provider(s) they will use 3rd party's to do it for them to hide behind.

I would not be surprised...

Thanks
    If I am correct the attacks are mainly computer generated, so to maybe fight back { I know it's a pain } but maybe just change the forum directory on a daily basis?

Mass mail users and add a scroll to the board to inform of the change.

For sure it may halt the efforts.

Thanks
    Seems that they are really attacking the uk boards then.

I understand how hard it is m8 and we all appreciate your efforts.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks Admin...

Thanks

Thanks

Nothing much to say except a BIG thanks to Kink for all his efforts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast