Thread: Recorded video from ITV HD

V.I.P
    Thanks

Recorded video from ITV HD

Hi guys.

Last week, I set the "Lewis" programme which was being broadcast on ITV & ITV HD to record from the ITV HD channel on the dm800.

Came to look next day, saw it'd recorded for 126 minutes, and in the ftp it had a file size of around 10gb... So I assumed it recorded fine.

However, I did note that when I set it to start recording, there was nothing broadcasting other than the placeholder for ITV HD. But a few minutes later, the programme started transmitting.

Now however, I come to watch the recording, and it stays at 0:00, and nothing plays. After about 20 seconds, I get the following message:

Service Invalid. Timeout reading PMT!

I've left it running for about 10 mins, and nothing seems to play at all...

Is there any way I can get to view this video on the dm800? I tried doing a video cut with cutlist editor, and I just got the green error screen and a crash.

Hopefully someone else knows a way around getting to watch this?! In case it makes any difference, I'm running Oozoon 20090307 image, with updated drivers to 10032009 and second stage #72, with barry allen running nabilosat 0.9 in flash, also with latest drivers and secondstage loader...

Many thanks
    Last edited by loveman; 28-03-2009 at 04:14 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Because of the non standard .ts container of ITV HD the only way I've found to play the ITV HD recordings is to run the .ts through TsRmux.

I do it straight from the desktop over the network from and back to the 800x hardrive, you can use the default settings, just be sure to put a tick in the audio and video stream check boxes and obviously rename the output stream to something different to the original ie

20090310 2000 - ITV HD - instant record.ts > 20090310 2000 - ITV HD - instant record-fixed.ts

The version I've attatched works fine.
    Last edited by dubious; 23-06-2009 at 03:02 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Cheers, will give that a go in the morning when get a chance

V.I.P
    Thanks
    OK, just to confirm, that yes, this does work...

Originally, I renamed the old file to .old and the new one to the same name as the older file, so all the **** data etc would be attached, but it didn't seem to work. But when I had just the .ts file by itself, it played it fine...

Took the length of the movie to decode it, so in this case just over 2 hours!

Excellent advice, and many thanks