Thread: echostar question

V.I.P
    Thanks

echostar question

hi, i'm posting this on here as all the posts in echostar are all old. i have the latest firmware on my desk top for my 3600ip, can anyone tell me what need to do with it? i'm sorry, i haven't a clue!!! i was thinking this could help solve my prob. with echostar & the diablo i am having!!
    thanks maggie

Thanks
    I think you have to upload to your unit with a null modem cable.go to the link below downlaod the file and the instructions are in pdf format

More info here:

_http://www.echostareurope.com/support_stb_software_features.asp ?FLDRECEIVER=ad3600ipvcs&FLDVERSI ONCODE=ad3600ipvcs_800

V.I.P
    Thanks
    cheers for that, i see what to do now. thanks again
    maggie

Thanks
    Not sure if you have 2 cam slots on that model but my Diablo prefers to work in the bottom slot of a 3000ip and indeed works very well. Older Matrix type cams preferred the top slot, (and for the record my Dragon would not upload in the receiver at all).

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by captainglassback View Post
    Not sure if you have 2 cam slots on that model but my Diablo prefers to work in the bottom slot of a 3000ip and indeed works very well. Older Matrix type cams preferred the top slot, (and for the record my Dragon would not upload in the receiver at all).
    thanks, i have tried both slots & still have probs. all listed on the diablo thread, incidentally, my dragon works well on both slots, also worked ok with the 3000ip, funny isn't it,some will some wont. i've found the loader & the file for updating the firmware so i will have ago 2moro,
    by the way do you know the baud rate for the echostar? ir if not, how to find it?!

cheers maggie

Thanks
    Just another thought Maggie. Do you really need to update the software? From memory going from (3000ip) 900 software to 1100 software screwed the receiver and cost me £90 for a new chip. I would not mess with my ancient 3000ip again. I'm watching it now. Far better picture than my Technomate or Clarke Tech! Incidentally my Dragon works fine in 3000ip but would not update. That's why I have a TM too!

Thanks
    ime with you captainglassback,ive had two echostars and 1 manhattan in 4 yrs never going back to em, ,ime using a technomate now and it's the best all round box for me:respect-048:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by captainglassback View Post
    Just another thought Maggie. Do you really need to update the software? From memory going from (3000ip) 900 software to 1100 software screwed the receiver and cost me £90 for a new chip. I would not mess with my ancient 3000ip again. I'm watching it now. Far better picture than my Technomate or Clarke Tech! Incidentally my Dragon works fine in 3000ip but would not update. That's why I have a TM too!
    you got me thinking now, wonder if its worth it if you end up paying out more!!!!!
    it works fine except for the diablo prob. i'll have to give this some thought.
    thanks for the advise
    maggie

Thanks
    tecnomate it mite be a better receiver for sensitivity but echostar i find it has a better picture quality,i had so many echostar starting with the 3000ip /3600 via and 7000/via and yes there is in some cases issue with the cam's but i was very happy with the performance,just recently i went for tecnomate because it is the more affordable receiver for HD but im not very happy with the picture quality.
    In same cases the 3600/ip it has issue with the diablo,the 3000ip it is ok and so it is the 7000/via,the only thing that i notest some echostar have some sound issue,where there is a dual sound transmission,but it is always better to upgrade to the latest firmware if you know what you doing of course.
    But because echostar do not upgrade the firmware anymore there is still some bugs on the firmware,plus echostar only upgrade firmware for original cams and not pirate cams,so a multy cam like dragon and diablo and others there will be alway issue for that reason.
    regards dxman

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Never had a problem with my Echostar 3600, loaded with the 1000 firmware, all my Dragon Cams, and my Diablo Cam, work perfectly.
    All I had to do for the Diablo Cam was raise the Echostar off the shelf, using blocks at each corner, to stop the Diablo Cam over heating and causing freezing problems.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi maggie
    baud rate for the echostar is 9600
    you should not have any problem if
    you use the correct file

Jimbo

V.I.P
    Thanks
    hi, been looking on the echostar site, got the loader & another type of loader, can't tell you which as its on the other pc & its off at the mo, when you load up the file which i got from the thread on here, nothing is happening, do i need another file as well, it says it should happen automatically. but nothing happens
    maggie

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Maggie
    Down load software from Echostar site
    latest for 3600IP is 1000
    you need the correct loader for your receiver
    one for std receiver
    or one with Eckko-Nav. installed

Jimbo

Banned
    Thanks