Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many are still holding off buying a HD receiver?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy View Post
    Is it just me or how many others are still holding off buying the next receiver? Are we waiting for the QBox HD to arrive before deciding to opt for a twin tuner HD box?
    -For me- the dreambox 8000hd is too expensive full stop.
    -AZBox is reasonably priced but not sure if the picture quality is up to scratch in SD/HD broadcasts reading some of the posts?
    - The cuberevo is pricey but good picture quality but not sure it has the support yet (or am I wrong)?
    - QBox similar price but support for 3 tuners- but wait and see.
    Anyone with more than 1 HD box care to comment?

:toetap05::toetap05::toetap05:
    since we all seem to be "not in KANSAS anymore" lets wish for an HD triple-dragon.that would certainly fit my requirements!!!

Thanks
    Well I like my dm8000 a lot. I was lucky enough to be selected as a betatester so got the box somewhat cheaper. The box runs great on HD although sometimes it takes a little longer to grab the hd channels. Like you guys said the support for dreambox alone makes this receiver worth buying. Even thinking of replacing some of the older 500 and 7020,s with dm 800,s. Hd is just beautiful. Now I am waiting for a update so we can run blueray. Believe me it will come. Running CCcam the latest version and nds and seca 3 are all running perfect.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tinos View Post
    I also had the Popcorn A-100... but now sold it and bought the AzBox HD Elite... for same price got a free HDTV SAT Receiver with twin tuner option and all the media quality stuff from Popcorn Hour... AzBox HD uses same Sigma CPU as Popcorn (actually better as it is the one with DRM so it could even decode BlueRay stuff). So it is the best deal ever!
    unless you want CCcam.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhammer View Post
    unless you want CCcam.
    If the rumours are true and neotionbox is true to his word, and he has been so far then we will have cccam too...

PS: We already have it via incubusCamd in the meantime anyway.

Yoda

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    If the rumours are true and neotionbox is true to his word, and he has been so far then we will have cccam too...

PS: We already have it via incubusCamd in the meantime anyway.

Yoda
    I would go this in a heartbeat if i could be sure. From what i've read. in***busCamd as a CCCAm client for sigma stopped at ver 0.55 and at that point you could only have one server ( one C line). Also read that in***bus creates more ecm traffic, would need to know if thats true as you don't wanna cause problems if yer using a payserver.

Any feedback on this would be good. thx

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Problems with more ecm traffic is not on incubus but on something else called fly... something, another client. But anyway I think it is probably bad publicity or marketing from dreambox like they did with perfectly working clones with improved stuff like working RGB on DM500... but anyway.

I am told from good sources, and also Neotionbox confirms that AzBox bought source code for CCcam... and also DTS license. So we can expect great support on future firmware.

Don't know if current anti clone box on CCcam 2.1.0 will make our wait a little longer or not... But AzBox is as far as I know going ahead with CCcam support on his box.

AzBox really makes me remember the good times when first Dreamboxes came out with great community support... but now they forgot how many help they got from users on supporting their buggy Enigma Dreamboxes (I had so many issues with DM7020 and don't forget about jtag needs on DM500)... I can understand high prices on their boxes if they want... but let people choose what they want to use at home. Breaking clones and causing issues on end users doesn't seem like good response to open community.
    Last edited by tinos; 06-04-2009 at 05:14 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tinos View Post

Problems with more ecm traffic is not on incubus but on something else called fly... something, another client.

I am told from good sources, and also Neotionbox confirms that AzBox bought source code for CCcam... and also DTS license. So we can expect great support on future firmware.

Don't know if current anti clone box on CCcam 2.1.0 will make our wait a little longer or not... But AzBox is as far as I know going ahead with CCcam support on his box.
    1. flyccam..tested it with Skystar2 DVb card.
    2. that would be great
    3. can you elaborate what "anti clone box on cccam 2.1.0 " is?

thx

Thanks
    Ccam and its new generations are trying to push flaws in clone box to stop them being "AS Good". covering their ass and then they charge 800+ for a sat box ! as said before it down to profit ££££

Thanks
    In my mind all linux hd boxes firmware are still in a beta stage.
    So Ill wait another year.
    As for cccam it is a disaster aeria.In their efforts to make it work with a lot of diffrent emus it doesnt work properly with any.The amount of traffic it creates is far to big.
    Gbox outdated as it is works a lot better.Lets hope the mbox development continues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123