Thread: Humax HDCI 2000 problem?

Thanks

Humax HDCI 2000 problem?

Hi all,

I have got thei hmax hdci 2000 running along side a relook 400s via a loop thro cable.

All was working ok until fri night when the humax wasnt clearing any FTA channels. I basically was using the humax for the fta stuff on astra and use it to turn my dish thro the diseqc ( as its well known the relook doesnt like working with a vbox asi have a 1.2 mtr channel master).

Anyhow, as i said all was ok until friday. I wanted to retune in 30 west hispasat using the humax. The positioner side works ok but the tuner side is down. When i track the dish to try to locate the satellite, i cannot get any signal reading with the menu. When i select any channel on any sat the signal bar is zero and channel is not found. I suspect the tuner is knackered, as when i switch the relook on all channels are there, so cabling etc is ok.

I got it thro richer sounds and also got the 5yr warranty so not to worried about it, just wondering if any one else has had the same problem and could it be fixed in the house with software upgrade, or maybe the tuner is kaput.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards, glyndwr.

Thanks
    This may seem obvious but have you tried swithing the switch to turn it on and off at the back of the hummy, I had the same problem and tried scanning channels until I just switched it off at the back and it worked.

Regards

J

Thanks
    in search channels check lnb & transponder settings.

Thanks
    Cheers lads, all sorted now.

Checked the lnb settings and for some reason the lnb set up had been altered from universal to some other setting, reset it back to universal, and all is now ok.

Many thanks foryour help, its very much appreciated.

Best regards, glyndwr.