Thread: Ethernet connection on IP9000HD help please!

Thanks

Ethernet connection on IP9000HD help please!

I have had my box since Sept. 08 and have never been able to get it’s ethernet connection to work. I have now bought a dreambox and whilst setting the ethernet connection I did a parallel set up with my IPBox . The result being the db works fine but the ipbox still doesn’t work. Using PCEidtor or DCC it cannot establish a connection. I have tried manual ip & auto ip setting and every combination of connection wireless, wired (straight, cross over and powerline) with and without my router/modem.

The only way to find out if it works would be to get it seen by an authorized service agent so does anyone know of one in the UK in the Lincolnshire area where I live. If there is anyone who has a working set up that would be willing to try my box for me in a reasonable traveling distance please send me a PM.

Please do not suggest the seller he claims there is no fault with the box despite never having seen it.

Any help please,
    Regards,
    meagain

Thanks
    Can you give us more info/details on your problem

When u connect to DCC what if any messages do you get?

Thanks
    how far do you call reasonable distance?

Thanks
    Hi catseye & foggy,
    Sorry for the delay in posting but I'm waiting for Trading Standards to contact me regarding this matter, once I've spoken with them I will post again. I was hoping that someone local would be able to test my box for me but I have found a dealer who isn't that far away if necessary. Thanks for your replys.
    Regards,
    meagain