Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Newbie reporting in, Sir!!! (Bugs and all...)

Mildly Important Nymph :D goran's Avatar
    Thanks

Icon12 A Newbie reporting in, Sir!!! (Bugs and all...)

The Elite model arrived this morning to a very happy me... thanx, Hugo!!!! :king-041:

I will keep a kind of a blog, to report it all, as one uses it, practically, when one unpacks it and onwards...

Looked kinda smallish, ***y, very neat work, it seems on the quick first inspection... I am sure I will admire it much more, later on - on closer inspection...

================================= =========

Connected it, to my toroidal 90cm dish with 8 LNB's and 8in1 switch, to the lower LNB input [the top one is an output], then HDMI cable to my Panasonic AV Home Theatre receiver, then the LAN cable, swiched it on. It went into the setup Menu, where one must sort out the language[s], time-zone and so on.

Then, going quickly through the initial setup Menu I saw a possibility to go to the net [DHCP was on, plus it was all prepared from my DBox2 anyway] and the update was done to the latest FW, no trouble at all [no online settings implemented yet]... It reboots after that.

================================= ======

Now, tuning it... Antena Setup Menu first, of course... Setings are bellow...

Is it the FW/SW that is non-responsive and buggy? For instance, on Astra1, 19'E it finds Viasat channels [Viasat Xtra, SVT TV1000 etc.]... Weird, as Sirius is on LNB position 5... Is it a bug, guys?:willy_nilly:

I couldn't see anything on Eutelsat 16'E at all, from the transponders that it had...

Strong transponders on Astra1 and HotBird were not seen, sadly... Then the same as for Sirius - can't see HB but Sirius, instead...

On Sirius it finds Sky1, weirdly... Loads, more than on Astra2, it seems...

Thor was not much better - Sirius all over again... I'm stating o despair here...

Atlantic Bird on 8'W command o search found Astra2 again - something very wrong here...

My setup [since not much was given in the Manual v.1.2]:

I have a single 8in1 switch, working great with DBox2, and here are all of my settings...

LNB Frequency: Universal
    DiSEqC: 1.1 [LNB 1 - 8]
    22KHz Tone: OFF
    0/12V Switch: 12V [the same results when 0V is on]
    LNB Power: ON
    TP Frequency: [find the strongest one and you get the signal quality and strengh!]
    Positioner Setup: OFF
    Network Search: NIT

Then repeat for each satellite position...

Sometimes it memorises them and sometimes it can't and it even messes it up quite a bit, like on Astra1, LNB2, where all was bonkers... It keeps going back to LNB freq. 22000, DiSEqC OFF, 22KHz Tone ON, 0/12V switch OFF etc. Hmmm... Why?

Any other experiences/words of advice for DiSEqC 1.1 setup, please? And a good settings list would do, please...

================================= =====

After that I went to the GOGO list and tried downloading... Gonna see now what, if anything, was done... [Ermmm, nowt much... sadly...]

================================= =====

OK, I can see a pickie now, hehe... not much, mind - Astra2 only but still - it's a start...

Next stop the list and then the Emulators and CS...

YouTube is cool, plus the browser, plus more...

Very promising MultiMedia Centre!!!

Linux based!!! Yes!!!

Cheers!!!

Thanks
    Welcome to the Az club goran

Sorry I can't help with the DiSEqC 1.1 1-8 set up, but I did get a 1-2 (1W and 28E) working fine... I'm not using that method now as I got DiSEqC 1.2 to work the motor.

Thanks
    Goran : used to troubleshoot USAL mode, it works very well, you do enter the longitude and latitude and choose your satellite, after it when it gives you the position switches to disqc 1.2 and record the position, if the weak signal and you can do left or right to increase the signal.

Thanks
    USAL mode
    Hi medmed

Do a google and you may notice a slight problem...

'toroidal 90cm dish'

Thanks

Question

Anyone with a half-decent list, please?

And a way to fix this, maybe?

Ta!

Thanks

Icon12

Went around, downloaded lots of stuff [Inros, FW, EMUs, Tools, Settings lists etc.] and now gonna learn...

Strategy: settings list first, which presumes Total Commander or some such tool to create an FTP connection to the box, to learn about the "internals" of it all...

[If only I could get my Toroidal with 8 LNBs to work and see all those sats/transponders/channels...]

A suggestion: we need the thorough explanation in the AZbox HD Manual, AZ people, about all the possible settings for all kinds of DiSEqC - ASAP!!!! Thanx!

Thanks
    Hello,

I cannot help for the DiseqC 1.2 problem you have but for the channel search indeed I point out that some channels are not found even if the TP is known by default by the Azbox.

The problem came from the auto FEC features.

So go to Advanced Search and select the TP where it doesn't find channel and simply set the right FEC, do a search and it will find the missing channels.

Do not use the TP search function because it breaks the DiseqC support. To be clear I have a DiseqC 1.0 - LNB1 Hotbird 13° and 1.0 - LNB2 Astra 19°. If I use the TP Search option on Astra I am no longer able to watch any channels on Hotbird, I need to reboot the Azbox (sometimes twice).

About the Gogo list function I will advice you not to use it when you want to troubleshoot DiseqC problem. Be sure that your DiseqC works fine before trying to download Gogo-list channels list.

Once you have a good setup backup the content of DISK2 (that's where the all_channels.dat, dvbs.dat, ... are stored).

Then you can start playing with Gogo List which is still in early béta stage don't forget!

So if you fell that your DiseqC no longer works after playing with Gogo List... simply restore the DISK2.

Pr2
    Last edited by pr2; 20-03-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks

Question

I just noticed a bug in the latest FW, I think:

The Antena Settings for my DiSEqC 1.1 is not stored, so when I get out of HB and Sirius - it forgets what I chose [Universal LNB, DiSEqC 1.1, LNB 4 and 5 respectively] and it goes to something crazy [from LNB Frequency, which is wrong, not Universal, everything else is off, then!], instead... :(

No wonder it sees everything wrongly and messes it all up, scans only Astra2 and Sirius and keeps telling me for the most channels it's on Sirius...

For instance, on HB Transponder 12520 [HRT] - it can not see anything at all... But if I try Mini LNB 1 or 2, with 0/12V Switch ON to 12V - there is loads of signal!

Also, if I put it on LNB1, 3, 5 and 7 in DiSEqC 1.1 protocol. Not if I put it on LNB2, 4, 6 or 8 in DiSEqC 1.1.

Oh, give us the committed/uncommitted, A/A, A/B, B/A and B/B, Inputs 1-4 and 16 LNBs standard fully implemented, please...:willy_nilly:

Thanks
    The manual shows on p67 a method that may help.

Thanks
    "..I just noticed a bug in the latest FW, I think:

The Antena Settings for my DiSEqC 1.1 is not stored, so when I get out of HB and Sirius - it forgets what I chose [Universal LNB, DiSEqC 1.1, LNB 4 and 5 respectively] and it goes to something crazy [from LNB Frequency, which is wrong, not Universal, everything else is off, then!], instead... :(

No wonder it sees everything wrongly and messes it all up, scans only Astra2 and Sirius and keeps telling me for the most channels it's on Sirius...

For instance, on HB Transponder 12520 [HRT] - it can not see anything at all... But if I try Mini LNB 1 or 2, with 0/12V Switch ON to 12V - there is loads of signal!
    .."

NOP here, with latest fw. I took from NET..AZBox remember to me, all LNB1-LNB6, in DiseQc 1.1 protocol, but I can get only picture on LNB1= Astra...
    All other LNB-s are unvisible (AZ not switch on it)..
    So, 1.1 protocol is unusible for Uncommited and Commited protocol switchers!!!

@Goran
    How You get Sirius 5E, on LNB5 input??!!
    Writte me exactly which trade 8/1 switcher You have.
    My is EMP Centauri Profi line 8/1+Terr (red one)!!!

Rgs!
    Trapper

Thanks

Icon3

I'm just talking to the guy from Opensat:

My points to him:

So, we need the whole lot of options for different setups, I think.
    Comm./Uncomm. and Ports 1 - 4
    We must have 4 different options for Comm/uncomm and 4 ports/inputs for all 16 LNBs to work
    4 x 4 groups
    Each group/input has to have 4 combinations: A/A, A/B, B/A and B/B
    That way you covered all possible setups
    4 Inputs, each covering 4 possibilities = 16 LNBs
    In that case the routing/switching will be fully implemented for all 16 LNBs

His response:

yes we will change this
    will be created advanced option
    already on test
    we are trying to fix it
    asap
    Well, it seems like a committed team and I say GOOD ON THEM!!!!:respect-048: It's what makes the great project even greater!!!

So, I will be patient a bit longer...

================================= ===

In reverse:

Trap, m8, I just chose v. 1.1 and assigned the LNBs from East to West and only the 1 and 5 were "found" when scanned... Weird! Scanning Sirius, it says, it finds Sky package... Ahem...

And then it messes up all the settings for LNB Frequency and so on... Not good right now - but as you can see, it will change soon!

FYI: GOTO nn SWITCH S. 168 is the make of my 8in1 switch.

1 = LNB1, A/A, Input 1 - Astra2 28'E
    2 = LNB2, A/B, Input 1 - Astra1 19'E
    3 = LNB3, B/A, Input 1 - Eutel 16'E
    4 = LNB4, B/B, Input 1 - HotBird 13'E
    5 = LNB5, A/A, Input 2 - Sirius
    6 = LNB6, A/B, Input 2 - Thor/Intelsat
    7 = LNB7, B/A, Input 2- Atl. Bird
    8 = LNB8, B/B, Input 2 - Atl. Bird

That is the setting in Enigma1, with PB-Enigma Image in my Philips DBox2, working 100%.

AJR, it says nothing. And I have seen it.

The guy from AZ said that they must make the SW guy write the Manual for it, as I insisted that there is nothing said on it, even though, as he says, "we use different interface than dreambox"...

So, we wait a bit longer...

Thanks
    AJR, it says nothing. And I have seen it.
    The latest manual shows a nice picture of ...

1 4 way DiSEqC 1.1 switch connected to 2 4 way DiSEqC 1.0 switches, giving a total of 10 inputs..

I know it says nothing, but its alleged that a picture is worth a thousand words

I know that it doesn't help as you want to use your existing switch, but !
    Last edited by AJR; 20-03-2009 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks

Icon12

It's just one possible setup. As there are many more - we better sort it out for :respect-048:all of them, innit?

Thanks

Icon12

Ha, if I put it to DiSEqC 1.0 - I can get it to see the sat positions it couldn't so far... At least four...:king-041:

But it is a partial solution, obviously...:o10:

Thanks

Icon3

Good quality HW! Starting from the tuner!! Great tuning power, it seems to me. Not sure it can get it all on its own [I had to give the details for some transponders, as it "jumped" over them, for some reason... FEC problems, as pr mentioned?]... It skipped over BBCi [Stream etc.], as well...

With DBox2 I could only barely get some BBC channels, here in Scandinavia.... Clear as clear can be now [BBC News and Parliament, for instance], with AZboxHD!!!:respect-050::number-one-043::respect-053::cheers2:

So, my advice would be to check the transponders and retune those you notice are absent and you may well get them! :respect-051:

P.S. It seems it adds the new ones to the existing list, which is obviously a good thing, if I am correct in this...

Thanks
    partial solution
    Well at this stage of the game, its a good result

Thanks
    I am going to buy then a Torodial and set 4KU sats ..... thats all i can use hear in Australia any way ......tried to set it up with my H-H 1.2 motor with no success at all....maybe in the next firmware update we all will have more joy

Thanks

Icon12

Indeed, a good initial result, having in mind the incomplete DiSEqC 1.1 protocol.

Scanned them well! Not all at the same time:

4 first ones on DiSEqC 1.0 [LNB's 1-4], then LNB Power to OFF for those LNBs

and then the second four, LNB Power to on and assign the LNB's from 1 - 4 to the other sat positions, no. 5 - 8...

At least I know it can be done. Now the routing/switching has to be sorted in the FW as promised, in an "advanced mode" DiSEqC v. 1.1.

We'll be singing with this all singing and all dancing box, you'll see!!!:respect-050::respect-048::lurk5::respect-047:

Thanks

Icon12

Here is my setup on the roof, guys... Beautiful and no waiting for the motor to arrive at a position, no waking up the neighbours or your darlin'... Clean, fast, instantaneous...

Thanks

Icon12

Not to forget: to find out about your position, calculate the elevation, the central point etc.

Code:
    http://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm
    Code:
    http://www.dishpointer.com/
    Code:
    http://www.satlex.de/de/wavefrontier_calc-params.html?satlo_east=28.2&user_satlo_east=&user_satlo_east_dir=E&satlo_west=-4.0&user_satlo_west=&user_satlo_west_dir=W&location=&la=&lo=&country_code=hr
    Sat positions galore...:biggrinjester:

Code:
    http://en.k*i*n*g*o*f*s*a*t.net/
    Code:
    http://www.lyngsat.com/

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast