Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sly EPG questions

Thanks

Sly EPG questions

Guys,

Followed these instructions https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=99854 to setup Sly EPG on my DM800 running latest Nabilo image which is all working but have the following questions to people who may also do this

1. When I choose the update list option it downloads the list of channels in the EPG but they're in no particular order even different from original order before I choose to update channels. Is there a way to order them alphabetically or something so that I can find the channels I want the EPG to update for easily?

2. After the channel update the default option is to not update the EPG for every single channel. Is there a way to either have the default to say 'Yes' to update the EPG on every channel or do something like a 'choose all' then select 'Yes'?

3. Related to question 2 to gauge the amount of manual work I need to do I guess. How often do people update their channels lists for the EPG? Not the EPG itself as I run that everyday automatically

Thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kemik View Post
    Guys,

Followed these instructions https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=99854 to setup Sly EPG on my DM800 running latest Nabilo image which is all working but have the following questions to people who may also do this

1. When I choose the update list option it downloads the list of channels in the EPG but they're in no particular order even different from original order before I choose to update channels. Is there a way to order them alphabetically or something so that I can find the channels I want the EPG to update for easily?
    You need to go to /usr/share/dict/ and edit the file channels.uk. Sort the lines as you wish and restart Enigma2

2. After the channel update the default option is to not update the EPG for every single channel. Is there a way to either have the default to say 'Yes' to update the EPG on every channel or do something like a 'choose all' then select 'Yes'?
    Currently Enigma2 does not offer a Check/Uncheck All feature. Therefore, again you need to edit the previous file. If you are a little familiar with Linux commands, you can do it quickly.

3. Related to question 2 to gauge the amount of manual work I need to do I guess. How often do people update their channels lists for the EPG? Not the EPG itself as I run that everyday automatically
    Thanks
    You need to run a channel update only when there is a retuning, and channels move to a different frequency or new channel are added.
    Else, you do not need to do it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks
    Thanks DeepDiver,

Anyone who knows Linux well enough able to help me with the commands to turn on EPG for all channels when editing the channels.uk file please?

Thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks DeepDiver,

Anyone who knows Linux well enough able to help me with the commands to turn on EPG for all channels when editing the channels.uk file please?

Thanks
    You can also edit the file on your PC with a text editor, such as Notepad++, and do a find/replace.
    Just make sure to save the file in Unix format.

Thanks
    For those of us who can't get North beams, is there any way of someone who can, downloading the EPG information, putting it on here, then us put it into the Dreambox??
    Sounds a bit involved and unsure how that would actually work in practice, but would be great!

Thanks
    Been trying to do this for a while. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the channels.uk file!

Wanted to add a few regional channels to the epg, but not quite sure what all the information/numbers are for, other than the obvious. Where would I find this info if I wanted to add lines to the file?

For example, the highlighted areas:

1;6000;ITV1 London;103;274c:7fc:2

Thanks
    dont know for sure but i'd guess that
    1 = On (update) 0 = off (dont update)
    6000 = channel number on your dreambox
    274c:7fc:2 = channel ID (check your lameDB file)
    St.O

Thanks
    Initially had a look at the lameDB file for clues but couldnt see any corresponding info there. The channel has a number determined by the channel settings which is currently 5997 places higher in my modified bouquets, but there may be some underlying channel figures associated to that, which might explain the 6000?

Cheers for the info

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saintomer1866 View Post
    dont know for sure but i'd guess that
    1 = On (update) 0 = off (dont update)
    6000 = channel number on your dreambox
    274c:7fc:2 = channel ID (check your lameDB file)
    St.O
    Well done. The first and third field are correct.
    However, 6000 does not represent the channel number on the DM, but it is an ID generated by the EPG Loader. Further, the EPG ID, that number just before the service reference, is also required.

Thanks
    I've just had a look at my channels.uk and all entries begin with a 2 like this

2;3643;True Movies;58;cc60:96a:2

So what does the first 2 mean?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    I've just had a look at my channels.uk and all entries begin with a 2 like this

2;3643;True Movies;58;cc60:96a:2

So what does the first 2 mean?
    It means your file is somehow corrupted. That field must be either 1 or 0.
    1 means download EPG for that channel, 0 means do not download it.

Thanks
    Thanks, good job I have a backup.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Thanks, good job I have a backup.
    Not a big issue, it does not take long to fix it.
    Tha backup file is automatically generated by the feature.

Thanks
    one thing I have noticed is that it works in BH0.7 as per the instructions , but if you update that channel list in BH0.9 it then gives you lines starting with that 2 , but if you backed up the old list you can put that back in if you wish using an ftp program

another thing I have noticed is it works ok in BH0.7 but not in BH0.9 , I dont get the proper epg in BH0.9 and the list is incorrect too

what I need is to find the details for some of the channels it does not download so I can add them in , like regional itv channels as opposed to london itv1

Thanks
    That must be what happened to me then.

Thanks
    I seem to be having an issue when setting the EPG to auto update at 5pm everyday that works fine but when I try to go into the EPG and choose to record something from the EPG it wont set the timer.

If I disable the auto update of the EPG it then does allow me to choose a program directly in the EPG and set a timer to record it. Anyone else noticed the same thing?

Thanks
    Has anyone actually figured out the formula for how we get all the channel info yet ?

If yes please share as with this question of missing channels coming up all the time it would be nice to finally resolve it.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic1 View Post
    Has anyone actually figured out the formula for how we get all the channel info yet ?

If yes please share as with this question of missing channels coming up all the time it would be nice to finally resolve it.
    Well, some of images are now using MyEPG by Skaman for UK and/or Italy. It seems to be far superior to anything else around at the moment and gives a full 7 days EPG

I've managed to manually add it to my Oozoon image on flash, which incidentally I use as my main image now as others such as BH (as pretty as it is) age too quickly for my likeing with the pace of development from DMM at the moment.

MyEPG actually gives me 100% EPG on all channels as it seems to use your own lamedb for assigning the EPG, the only problem channels were the Five set of channels which weren't showing the EPG but that was fixed by deleting them all with DBedit and scaning them in again.

I run it from user scripts with a crude script I knocked up but it works ! It can also be set to run with the cron manager plugin to run every night or whenever during the early hours.

It could really do with someone making a proper plugin but i'm not smart enough to that, hopefully someone will make one soon.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dubious View Post
    Well, some of images are now using MyEPG by Skaman for UK and/or Italy. It seems to be far superior to anything else around at the moment and gives a full 7 days EPG

I've managed to manually add it to my Oozoon image on flash, which incidentally I use as my main image now as others such as BH (as pretty as it is) age too quickly for my likeing with the pace of development from DMM at the moment.

MyEPG actually gives me 100% EPG on all channels as it seems to use your own lamedb for assigning the EPG, the only problem channels were the Five set of channels which weren't showing the EPG but that was fixed by deleting them all with DBedit and scaning them in again.

I run it from user scripts with a crude script I knocked up but it works ! It can also be set to run with the cron manager plugin to run every night or whenever during the early hours.

It could really do with someone making a proper plugin but i'm not smart enough to that, hopefully someone will make one soon.
    With this myepg, does it add the epg data to the usual epg in the same way as e2_loadepg? From what I could tell, it appears that it does. If so, how long does it take to download the epg data for both uk & it? Currently, using e2_loadepg, it takes me about 2 hours to download all the epg for both these providers. So basically, I'm looking for something which works the same way as e2_loadepg (which this sounds like it does), but works at the same sort of speed as the nabilosat epg downloader (which is why I'm asking how long it takes to download the epg?).

Have managed to find the installer (added here in case peeps want to try, since I'm currently at work I can't try it).

Cheers

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yes it works the same way.

SkyUK takes about 5 or 6 mins to download so I guess Italy will be about the same.

0.2.4l is the latest so i've attached the full archive as I found it on the net and where I extract the files I used.

After a quick look your installer doesn't seem to include any way to run it.

If anyone wants any help I'll post up later what I did.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast