Thread: faq or how to update 3020 plus

Thanks

faq or how to update 3020 plus

hi new to this forum (was a humax 5400 irci dude for last 8 years)
    is there a walkthrough or how to on upgrading the echolink 3020 ir plus (with abracadabra card)?
    the brand new box had no channels on it and i am unfamiliar with the menus.
    can i use the same channels or settings list as the humax or am i best to scan and store for each satellite?
    i have a manhatten h-h mount yeas old and have forgotten what diseq setting it is. i cant get the motor to work with this box but once i have the diseq setting right it should be easy.
    also firmware. how do i know whether mine is ali3329a or b processor?
    is there a bang up to date loader or will the one in the tools on here do?
    i will have many more questions dont worry
    al

Thanks
    Hi

welcome to the club you will not be dissapointed I am sure

you now know that yours is ali c. I have pm'd

dez

Thanks
    i was struggling for ages trying to get the motor to move from one sat to another when in diseq1.2 but i changed to usals and it soon sorted me out.
    i need to know what i can get on 16 e cos when i scanned there wasnt a lot. its a big dish but may need fine tuning, worked perfect on hummy 36east to *******.
    cheers
    al

Thanks
    lol i got 4 sats set up but arc was slightly wron and i noticed dish wasnt on stub properly so rotated it anout 1 degree which in turn threw all the sat positions out. i had searched and saved loads of channels for each sat.
    right so now all i want to do now is to tell the box where the new position for thor (which is nearly due south for me) but it wont save the position
    i can find the satellite very easy using move and then save this position but it then goes back to the old position
    i try it in diseq1.2 and usals but no matter what i do it fooks up.
    so what do i do?
    i save current sat position and then recalculate. signal meters are fine. i then exit menus and it says moving dish for like 30 seconds and then it has moved to old position.
    how do i save thor to another position ie roughly 2 degrees away from where the box keeps going to?
    lol did it once by accident the first time and found the 4 sats but now it wont even find 1
    lol
    HELP!!!!