Thread: Available resolutions (1080p, 768p...)

Thanks

Available resolutions (1080p, 768p...)

Hi guys. I've read on other threads that both boxes are gonna support 1080p to play files / Blu-Ray content, awesome.
    My question is regarding 768p, I have a projector that supports that but doesn't support 720p! I'm in a quest to find a good quality receiver that upscales to that resoultion, so far I found none!

Any suggestions appreciated, I know a scaler is an option but it will increase the price to unacceptable levels for me, besides I only got YPbCr, not HDMI so multiple analog connections would degrade the image.

Cheers guys.
    José

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Does your projector support ONLY 768p as input?

I assume it will upscale or downscale anything the input is ( 1080i or 480i) to its native resolution.
    Many TV sets are native 768p,but all will do as I;m telling you.(upscale or downscale)

Thanks
    I'd have to check it out, but I'm almost sure native res is 768p and it accepts that, I used to use a Samsung hd-950 with the hdcp hack to output 768p through component. 720p didn't work though.
    I know most players don't support 768p so I probably won't find any.
    Maybe a 3rd party image with modified drivers could do it but I won't hold my breath, will probably have to live with 576p.:001_07:

PS. I said projector!! I'm getting mad here, it's a good old CRT Toshiba 36ZP48, the projector is what I want to buy but don't have the cash right now...