Thread: Rolling banners "juddering"

Thanks

Rolling banners "juddering"

....like on BBC News 24 or S#y news. The rolling banner has alway's juddered and blurred regularly. It will be fine for a time then start again.

This has been on every LCD i've owned and from freeview internal/external and various satellite receivers.

I know it's a common issue with LCD's but what causes it, and can it be cured?

My friend has a 100 mhz LCD, completely different set-up, but same issue.

Thanks
    think this is a sky issue m8 that they have been trying to sort with sw updates seen it mentioned a few times

Thanks
    I get this over different satellites and non S#y channels, including foreign news, as does my m8.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 Times in 336 Posts
    Ive noticed this on Sly News aswell m8,pain in the arse when ya trying to read it,im using a 50 inch plasma so its not just LCD,s m8.

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    Inside your screen is a chip that detects if content is film based or video based if its video based your screen detects this and selects the correct deinterlacing mode

Sky news is a mix of film based and video based the ticker is actually interlaced this confuses your screen and it selects the wrong mode to use and that causes the problem

If your screen selects the right one or you can select the mode manually it doesn't happen

TNT

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice Man View Post
    I know it's a common issue with LCD's but what causes it, and can it be cured?
    The specific case you pointed out isn't the TV's fault, BUT the cause of 'screen drag' for LCD Tv's is I'm afraid incureable as it's caused by the very technology of LCD itself.
    One thing you have to remember is LCD technology is actually quite old.
    The cause is due to how LCD changes the colour of the pixels.
    A plasma screen can change directly from one colour to another red to blue to black to orange etc unfortunately an LCD has to change the colour of the pixel to white before moving onto the next colour, all done in the blink of an eye but if there's a fast moving picture on the screen it becomes detectable....hence screen drag.