Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: re TM 6800HD

rkbuttoo

re TM 6800HD

I have this stb.I have never patched it at all,I seem to think I might break it ,you know.
    but I understand to get ITV and channel 4 hd I have to patch it via usb.
    I have a 4g flash drive,what do i do now and which patch do I use.

my box is TM6800HD

thanking you guys in anticipation:respect-060:

Thanks

Icon14 Compass

Think Compass posted LAST TM series patch on Pimps!:respect-055::respect-055:

V.I.P
    Thanks

First always make sure you use the correct patch for your model.

Patch using a USB memory Stick.
    Download the correct patch for your receiver.
    Open the zipped folder and take the patch out ready to transfer the patch onto your USB memory stick.
    Insert your USB memory stick in the USB port under the front flap, or on the back of some models.
    Turn the receiver on ready to load the patch then press the USB button on your remote.
    On the next screen go to data transfer and click>OK.
    Now you will see a panel with the patch on it, you can highlight, [for patching].
    Press ok on the highlighted patch then it will load and when it gets to 100% and has loaded, and the receiver has re-booted [turned off and on again] and the channel opens, remove your USB memory stick. You have now loaded the patch and your channels will now open, including ITV HD,CH4 HD + much more.
    You can also load soft cams/channel lists/official software etc: in exactly the same way by selecting the item you want to load.
    Last edited by bob; 09-01-2009 at 12:07 AM.

Thanks
    Bob, Thank you for such useful information. I have ,after being quided by you ,successfully load softcam,firmware and patches but I have never done a channel list. Do I have to save anything first? TMULL

rkbuttoo
    Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    First always make sure you use the correct patch for your model.

Patch using a USB memory Stick.
    Download the correct patch for your receiver.
    Open the zipped folder and take the patch out ready to transfer the patch onto your USB memory stick.
    Insert your USB memory stick in the USB port under the front flap, or on the back of some models.
    Turn the receiver on ready to load the patch then press the USB button on your remote.
    On the next screen go to data transfer and click>OK.
    Now you will see a panel with the patch on it, you can highlight, [for patching].
    Press ok on the highlighted patch then it will load and when it gets to 100% and has loaded, and the receiver has re-booted [turned off and on again] and the channel opens, remove your USB memory stick. You have now loaded the patch and your channels will now open, including ITV HD,CH4 HD + much more.
    You can also load soft cams/channel lists/official software etc: in exactly the same way by selecting the item you want to load.
    wow great help will be having a go very soon,can you point me the right direction for the correct patch for my TM6800 HD ,please

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rkbuttoo View Post
    wow great help will be having a go very soon,can you point me the right direction for the correct patch for my TM6800 HD ,please
    As Holroad said the latest one seems to be 667 from compass - around 19 December. Look in the file section.

As others commented make sure the patch you have chosen is for the correct version of your stb. If you have the standard version (usb at the back) use the one for that version. If you have the super version (usb at front) make sure you use the super version.

Thanks

Icon10 Back

@Teassoc:
    Actually M8 on the standard version (including mine, my FIRST TM6900HD) the USB was on the FRONT, which was MEGA irritating!:respect-055:

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon12

@tmull, channel list will not be up to date, sometimes they change by the week, if not the day.
    There has been over 120 changes on 13 east,19.2east & 28 east + 1west in the last 14 days, some if not all of these changes will be missing from all channel lists. I expect there will be many changes in the next 6 months as new satellites come into service.

It is best to scan the satellites yourself otherwise you will be missing what is available go to here : _h***://lyngsat.com & _king of sat.net/[/url] for the latest satellite channel data.

king of sat .net very useful for HD info too.

You will need to save a channel list before you do a factory reset and before you do a major software upgrade that will require a factory reset.
    Always good to have a backup channel list.
    Last edited by bob; 09-01-2009 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Bob. TMULL

Thanks

How to scan channels

Hi Bob,
    I am a newbie, have a TM6900, 2 fixed dishes, one for 1w the second for 13, 19 and 28. Setup and patched by installer June 2008. Most of what he did went over my head.

I have downloaded Patch 18th Dec 2008, and Softcam 6th Jan 2009.

But not Technomate patch December 2008 ?

And never downloaded a Channel list. Just used the one the Installer setup for me.

Anyhow, you recommend scanning the satellites oneself in order to build one's own channel list.

Is there an easy step by step guide on how to do this for a newbie?

Thanks,
    Dave

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burrenyoga View Post
    Hi Bob,
    I am a newbie, have a TM6900, 2 fixed dishes, one for 1w the second for 13, 19 and 28. Setup and patched by installer June 2008. Most of what he did went over my head.

I have downloaded Patch 18th Dec 2008, and Softcam 6th Jan 2009.

But not Technomate patch December 2008 ?

And never downloaded a Channel list. Just used the one the Installer setup for me.

Anyhow, you recommend scanning the satellites oneself in order to build one's own channel list.

Is there an easy step by step guide on how to do this for a newbie?
    -

Thanks,
    Dave
    you are doing just fine with what you have already done ... latest patch.... latest softcam + your own channel list :respect-055:

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon12

1: Press Menu button on remote to display the main menu.
    2: Use the direction buttons on remote to move in the menu.
    3: Select the Satellite you want to scan, select using the direction buttons on remote.
    4: Main menu Channel Edit, select Delete Channels, and delete all
    5: Select Advanced Search, then the advanced search menu will be displayed.
    5: Scroll to Network and set to off.
    6: Rescan Press RED button on remote to begin satellite search.
    7: Add TP: Press GREEN button on remote to add new transponders using the direction & numerical buttons on remote.
    8: Delete TP: Press YELLOW button on remote to delete transponders.

9: Search Type: Select All Channels/Free to air only/TV only.
    10: Network Search: Select Network Search ON/Off.

Thanks
    Arnold,
    Because i have not updated my channel list since the installer guy set it up for me, does that not mean that any new channels which have come online since June 2008, i don't see them?

Dave

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burrenyoga View Post
    Arnold,
    Because i have not updated my channel list since the installer guy set it up for me, does that not mean that any new channels which have come online since June 2008, i don't see them?

Dave

yes it does , so you will need to scan for any required channels that have come online or changed since the last time it was done on your receiver. it will not do this for you meaning that when you know new channels are available you should add them yourself

king of sat and lyngsat are two of the main sites that tell you about channel changes and the details for each transponder and satellite for where they are

if you did nothing your available channels will go down as changes are made , leaving dead channels and dead transponders in your list but no new ones to replace them

but backup your channel list before making any changes

Thanks
    Thanks Guys for your advice!

Thanks Bob for the step by step sequence.

****7: Add TP: Press GREEN button on remote to add new transponders using ****the direction & numerical buttons on remote.
    ****8: Delete TP: Press YELLOW button on remote to delete transponders.

Bob, it sounds like i just press GREEN button once, and it will know which Transponders to add, without me knowing anything about transponders. And it will add all new transponders?

Similarily YELLOW will delete all dead transponders ?

I will make backup of Channel list and try the sequence tomorrow when i get time, and will update this post with how i get on.

Best Wishes,
    Dave

Thanks

Hi M8

Bob, it sounds like i just press GREEN button once, and it will know which Transponders to add, without me knowing anything about transponders. And it will add all new transponders?

No that is not the case, pressing the Green Button - the TP details for which ever TP it is that which you wish to install will have to be added, to ensure that it will only scan that TP turn Network search to Off, then press the Red button to Scan that TP.

Similarily YELLOW will delete all dead transponders ?

When you are in the Advanced Search - Press the Right V+ Button to move through the frequencies, when you come to a TP that has all Red instead of the Blue and Yellow, then you press the Yellow Button and you will be asked if you wish to delete, press the the Left V- button and then OK, and it will be deleted, do this until you have deleted all TP's that have the Red Bars showing on that particular Sat, and you can do this on all Sats that you can receive Channels from.

I hope that this is of some help to you.

Thanks
    This is starting to sound quite complicated.

How do i know which transponders exist today ?

For example, for 28 East, do i go to Lyngsat website, and click on 28 East, and then write down a list of all the values in the column
    Freq. Tp (is this a transponder?) If so, 28East has 16 transponders. Does that sound right? 28 transponders on 13 East?

And then for each of those values, somehow add them under step 7 below, firstly adding all those values which will add all the transponders for that satellite, and then do a search for all the channels which will be on the list of tranponders i have just added?

If correct, am i anything else before i start. I saw something mentioned in another source about vertical and horizontal? Mystery to me as yet.

****1: Press Menu button on remote to display the main menu.
    ****2: Use the direction buttons on remote to move in the menu.
    ****3: Select the Satellite you want to scan, select using the direction ****buttons on remote.
    ****4: Main menu Channel Edit, select Delete Channels, and delete all
    ****5: Select Advanced Search, then the advanced search menu will be ****displayed.
    ****5: Scroll to Network and set to off.
    ****6: Rescan Press RED button on remote to begin satellite search.
    ****7: Add TP: Press GREEN button on remote to add new transponders ****using the direction & numerical buttons on remote.
    ****8: Delete TP: Press YELLOW button on remote to delete ****transponders.
    ****9: Search Type: Select All Channels/Free to air only/TV only.
    ****10: Network Search: Select Network Search ON/Off.

Can anyone see any steps above that could be clarified for me before i start deleting the list of channels?

Is there a more detailed description than the above?

Thanks for any advice. It's a bit daunting for someone with practiclly no experience with this, but i am sure with your help it will be easier than i think.

And then i will put together a detailed step by step on how to update the channel list for the TM6900

Thanks,
    Dave

Thanks

Hi M8

For your list of Transponders try this:

_http://www.flysat.com/satlist.php

For 28 East - depending on where it is that you live, you will not need all of the Regional ITV & BBC channels so you could delete those that you do not require, likewise with Sly Channels, unless you are a subscriber to Sly. Just do 1 Sat at a time until you get used to adding or deleting TPS or Channels, but it will be quicker to delete a TP, than it will be to delete all channels in that TP, that is why it is best to check Flysat List and see exactly which channels it is that you want or can receive, then amend your list accordingly.

Thanks

Thanks for the Flysat tip

In case anyone interested the procedure i used was as follows;

This procedure is written by a beginner who could not find the step by step instructions on how to Re-Scan all current channels for a Technomate 6900 setup for a fixed dish, using a USB to save channel lists.

It does not include information for a motorised dish.

The procedure outlined here is for a fixed satellite dish or number of fixed dishes.

Background:
    On an on-going basis, channels are added and some removed from satellites.

So over time, one will see less and less channels, as the deleted ones are no longer available to see.

The new channels which are added, cannot be seen, unless you scan the satellites to load up these channels which have been added since you either last did a channel scan, or since your system was installed.

Each Satellite has a number of Transponders (Eg 30), and each transponder has a number of channels on it (Eg 12).

Procedure:
    The first step is to get a print out of all the transponders which exist for the Satellites that you will be scanning.

I scanned for 28 East, 19 East 13 East and 1 West.

Go to Flysat.com website and click on “Sat List” and then choose the first Satellite you are interested in, and then print out the information for that Satellite (maybe 30 pages) which lists all the transponders on that Sat which exist at present (or as up to date as Lyngsat happens to be), and for each transponder will list all the current channels.

The other important thing about the Flysat list, is that it gives you Frequency of the Transponder, whether Horizonal H or Verttical V, and also the SR-FEC all of which will be useful to you.

Now you have your Flysat list, sit down in front of your TV and Technomate 6900 and allow approx 2 - 3 hours per satellite to update each one.

Do 1 Satellite at a time.

Before you start, make sure you save your current list of Channels and Transponder settings, by inserting your USB stick into the receiver, and going to
    Menu
    USB
    Data Transfer
    Download Channel List

When this has completed (less than 10 seconds) take your USB stick out, and then save the channel list to your PC.

If anything goes wrong, then you can re-load the Channel list into the receiver and this will bring your channel list back to the way it is at present, before you start deleting.

Use your Flysat list for the chosen Satellite to keep track of your progress.

Now go to
    Menu
    Edit Channels
    Delete Channels
    Select the Satellite you wish to work on
    Delete all channels for that satellite.

Note: this will also remove those channels from any of your Favourites list, so all the Favourites lists will have to be re-built from scratch after you have re-scanned for the latest list of channels.

Go back to Menu
    Installation
    Advance Search

(Make sure you have the correct Satellite selected).

You will see the first Transponder (on your Technomate’s list) listed, and this will also probably be the first transponder listed on your Flysat list.

Start_of_Transponder_Check

Have a look at the Flysat list, and check to see if you are interested in some or all the channels available on this transponder. If you are sure you don’t want any of them, and are not likely to want any of them in the next year or two, then move on to the next transponder by using your direction keys on the remote.

Make a note of any Transponders on the Flysat list which are not listed on your screen. You can add these transponders later, after you finish scanning all your existing transponders.

When you come to a transponder with channels you are interest in (it’s no harm to include all transponders), firstly

Scroll to Network and switch to OFF
    Select if you wish to scan for TV and Radio, or just TV.

Note if you intend scanning in a number of Satellites, you need to make sure you don’t exceed the maximum number of channels the TM6900 can store.

I selected ‘TV Only’.

Check the Signal rate at the bottom of the screen.

If the signal is low (i guess lower than 60%, especially if it is approx 2%) then either there is a setting incorrect for that transponder, or else the transponder has been removed.

This is where the list from Flysat comes in.

Check the H or V setting on the screen is the same as on your list for that transponder. Use direction keys if you need to change.
    Check the SR-FEC settings also agree. Type in correct number if they don’t agree.

Once they become correct, you will see the Signal jump from 2% hopefully to approx 85%.

Now you know you have the correct settings for that transponder, you are ready to scan it, and pull in the channels on that transponder.

Press the RED button to start the Scan.

When the scan completes for that transponder, now use the direction keys to scroll to the next transponder.

Go to Start_of_Transponder_Check and check the next transponder

When you have scrolled through your complete list of transponders for this satellite and scanned all the ones you wanted, ticking them off the Flysat list, now you can add any transponder listed on the Flysat list but not coming up on your list on the screen.

Add TP. Press GREEN button to add a new transponder.

You will need to enter the values from the FLYsat sheet

TP Freq, V or H, and SR-FEC settings.

And if the signal looks ok, then scan that transponder.

And after you have now added all the new transponders for that Satellite, you can more on to the next Satellite until you are finished.

And then you will have to create your Favourites lists again.

A good practice is to save your channel list after you complete the work scanning for each Satellite. In case anything goes wrong, you can always go back to the last saved channel list.

Phew...... a long drawn out piece of work, but at least you will now have all the possible channels loaded on your receiver, and will be easier to keep up to date with new channels as they come on-line.

I am still not sure if it was worth the 10 hours to manually upload 4 Satellites and re-build all favourites list.

But i know a lot more now about my receiver, satellites, transponders and repetitive strain injury of the thumb ;-)

Ok, so now over to you guys to explain how to make this prodecure much more easy, by setting Network to ON in the advance search ?

Good luck.

Dave

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Good work there but not sure you need to go to that much trouble.

I keep my eyes out for relevant TP changes and use the Advanced Search facility to delete and re-add the TP, before a TP seach. TP searches should always be with Nework Off - otherwise you'll end up with lots of duplicates.

Right now with limited options through a TM patch there isn't much maintenance to do. More of course if you have a diablo or M2+ card, or a ***** card. Even so not a lot of changes.

As a one-off exercise you might want therefore to delete the TPs you can't open on Astra, Hotbird and Hispasat as there isn't anything there to open.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast